Free Meals for All Students
*** 11/25 Update - As the District transitions back to in-person learning on November 30, meal order pickup will return to twice per week. ***
The USDA recently announced that funding is available for all children to receive free meals through the end of the 2020-2021 school year.
For the 2020-21 school year, Hartford Jt.1 is offering free meals for all students, including virtual learners and non-District enrolled children (18 and under).
Meals will be provided at no cost regardless of free/reduced eligibility. Receiving meals from more than one community location is prohibited.
All families are still encouraged to complete the free and reduced price meal application if they believe they qualify as this information may be used to waive eligible school fees, determine educational funding, and will be needed when district-wide free meals end.
- Students will receive a breakfast and lunch meal in their classroom at no cost at this time.
Virtual Learners & Non-enrolled children:
- Meals are available for pick up with an advance order. Many menu items require refrigeration and some meals require heating at home. Instructions will be provided at pick up. There will be no charge for breakfast and lunch.
- Families have the option to pick up meals twice per week during times listed below. All meals will be picked up at Central Middle School, 1100 Cedar Street, Hartford, WI 53027, Door #3 (north side of the building). Children do not have to be present during pick-up.
- Option 1: Tuesday, 4:30-5:30 PM (Pickup of up to three meals/student)
- Option 2: Friday, 9:00-10:00 AM (Pickup of up to two meals/student)
- Meal Pickup Order Opens Friday at 9:00 AM and Closes Monday at 9:00 AM
- Meal Order Form
Please contact foodservice[at]hjt1[dot]org with any questions.