HJT1 Board of Education Goals
2022-25 (Three -Year Plan)
Continue to Make School Safety a Priority
Improve and augment safety and crisis management plans – including an annual report and collaboration with Hartford Police and Hartford Fire & Rescue Departments.
Practice drills to better enhance preparedness.
Upon completion of drills, debrief to assist in upgrading safety practices.
Be Responsive to Making Decisions that are Student Centered
- Work on measuring District priorities and maximizing student learning.
- Set specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely expectations via continuous improvement plans.
- Implement programs that accelerate unfinished learning as well as enrich and advance core learning.
- Celebrate accomplishments that support desired outcomes.
- Provide professional development that is individualized, meaningful and best practice to support student learning.
- Nurture the staff and parent/guardian relationship to support student learning.
Promote Fiscal Responsibility
- Create, optimize, develop and maintain a sustainable balanced budget that reflects District needs and the community's expectations.
- Develop long-range plans for maintenance and capital improvements.
- Communicate success to staff and public.
- Promote extended learning opportunities with the use of ESSER funds.
- Leverage opportunities to retain high quality staff.